Expenses & Benefits Reporting Deadline 2020-21 Tax year
The deadline for reporting any expenses and benefits, provided to any employees in the 2020-2021 tax year, is the 6th July 2021.
What you need to do
You can report these through the following methods;
- HMRC’s PAYE online service (up to 500 employees)
- HMRC’s Online End of Year Expenses service
- By post using a P11D form
You will also need to complete the following forms;
- P11D if you need to declare any non-payroll expenses or benefits
- P11D(b) if you have Class 1A National Insurance contribution liability, because you have included your expenses and benefits on the payroll.
What happens if you miss the deadline?
If you submit these reports late, then the employees may be taxed incorrectly.
However, if you have been asked to submit a P11D(b) and did not provide your employees with any expenses or benefits, then you will need to complete and submit this declaration.
Why not get in touch with the payroll team at Big Hand? We focus on giving professional business advice and managing your accounting needs with our expertise you don’t have to worry. All you need to do is call us on 0161 327 2911.